Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DWYSYWD to DWWSWWD


Frequently I will go back to my personal library and review or reread books that challenged my way of thinking or that made an impact in my life.

One of those books I revisited recently is Credibility by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner. For me this book reinforces how personal leadership is and that at the end of the day, all leaders really have is their own integrity, honesty, principles and credibility.

One of the keys for me in building Credibility is putting my words into action.

The authors reframe the DWYSYWD or Do What You Say You Will Do

To:

DWWSWWD or Do What We Say We Will Do

The ‘we’ is critical for me as an individual to build my credibility but also for me to lead my family and business.

Credibility – It will take time for me to earn it, I can lose it in an instant.

Hold me accountable to walk the talk.

How am I doing?

How are we doing?

2 comments:

  1. Great book... I found this book to be a significant influence on leadership for me... leadership on principals, not position

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Ensuring reliable family business leadership through generations of family business ownership is often a family’s biggest challenge.

    ReplyDelete